What is geomarketing, what types exist, and what are its advantages?
One of the marketing techniques that has gained great importance in recent years is geomarketing. This strategy maximizes the efficiency and effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns targeted to specific locations.
In this article, we will explain what geomarketing is, how it is currently used, its advantages, and its most commonly used tools. We will also discuss how it can help businesses identify new market opportunities and establish new points of sale.
👉 This may interest you: 7 statistics about influencer marketing
What is geomarketing?
Geomarketing is a marketing strategy that combines geographic information with data analysis technique to identify consumer behavior and preferences. This allows companies to make an in-depth analysis of customer consumption habits and adapt their marketing strategy to the needs of each geographical area.
In addition, the use of geomarketing has become increasingly important, as the increasing amount of data available in the digital age allows for greater precision in customer segmentation.
On the other hand, the goal of geomarketing is to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns in general. The geographical location of customers and the characteristics of the places where they are located can be very important to understand their consumption preferences. Therefore, it is a technique aimed at designing the appropriate marketing strategy.
Types of geomarketing
There are several types of geomarketing, each of them focused on a specific objective and dependent on a different measure:
- Regional geomarketing: Nearby countries and with similar market characteristics. The analysis can also be simplified in supranational regions. Examples would be Central Europe, Asia, Latin America…
- Geomarketing of countries or cities: States or population centers such as cities, towns, autonomous communities, provinces, municipalities…
- Local or microlocal geomarketing: Precise data of specific areas such as streets and neighborhoods. For example, this information can be accessed through the zip code.
Most used tools in geomarketing
There are several geomarketing tools that are very useful for companies when implementing this strategy:
- Geographic Information System (GIS) : Computer programs that allow the visualization and analysis of geographic data.
- Interactive maps: Useful tools for businesses that allow you to create custom maps and add customer information.
- Data analytics : Tools that collect data, process and analyze it to segment the audience. For example, Google Analytics. At SocialPubli utilizamos Analyzer, which allows us to analyze various data that includes location and others such as age, gender and interests.
- Geolocation: GPS technology offers companies the opportunity to know the location of their customers.
- Social Networks: Users of digital platforms indicate their geographical profiles.
Among the advantages offered by geomarketing we find the following:
- Market knowledge:Companies obtained accurate and detailed information on consumer characteristics, competition, and market trends. This also makes it easier to identify business opportunities. For example, to position physical points of sale based on the location of the clients.
- Improved decision making: Geomarketing provides valuable information that helps companies make more informed decisions.
- Increases marketing effectiveness by segmenting customers and adapting marketing strategies to the particularities of each market. For example, to send advertising to online users in geographic locations close to the business.
- Costs are reduced and return on investment is improved.
- Improves customer loyalty, and their satisfaction increases when they feel their needs and preferences are met.
Complement geomarketing with Influencer marketing
Geomarketing and Influencer Marketing are two techniques that can complement each other very well in a comprehensive strategy. Geomarketing uses geographic information to understand consumer preferences and behaviors, while influencer marketing focuses on using prominent people to promote products or services to a specific audience.
First of all, the use of influencers in geomarketing can be very effective, since they can help promote products or services in a specific geographical area through their social networks or blogs. For example, a local influencer can help a business reach its target audience in a specific geographic area.
Second, influencers can be especially useful for promoting products or services in geographic areas where the company does not have a physical presence.
Third and finally, influencers can help businesses make a more authentic connection with their audience. Consumers are generally more attracted to a product or service if it is promoted by someone they trust and who lives in the same region.
It is important to note that the right influencers for a marketing campaign can vary by geographic area. Therefore, it is essential to carry out a detailed analysis of geographic information to identify the most relevant influencers in each area.
In conclusion, geomarketing is a very useful marketing technique to adapt the company’s strategy to the needs of each geographical area and maximize the efficiency of advertising and marketing campaigns. Its use is constantly growing and is expected to continue to evolve in the coming years.
👉 We recommend you to read: Use influencers this summer!